FRED LEIGHTON

A diamond cluster of historic provenance features a rose cut diamond weighing approximately 4.39 carats set within a surround of rose cut diamonds totaling approximately 4.60 carats mounted in silver topped yellow gold with the original carat weight of the central diamond engraved underneath the closed back mounting dating to the 1760s. This cluster was part of a collection of 75 diamond buttons commissioned by Ferdinand Maximillian in 1763. Later converted to a ring, it was sold through Hammer Galleries auction in New York in November, 1943.

Leave a comment